The Yorkshire Dales Field Centre is located in the picturesque village of Giggleswick, 35 miles north-west of Leeds. It is open all year round and is easily accessible, being on the A65 road and having two railways stations (Giggleswick and Settle) within half a mile.
The Centre ...
The Facilities ...
- is located in the heart of the Three Peaks area of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the old West Riding
- is a converted barn in a quiet corner near the pub, off the well-known village of Giggleswick, near Settle
- has a national reputation as a centre of excellence for its courses, both academic and leisure. We are experienced providers of successful programmes for the adults
- The Centre is fully carpeted, with C.H., Video, T.V., and has recently been upgraded to provide an even higher standard of comfort and decor.
- Rooms vary from singles to those which take a maximum of six per room - but don't worry, because for these courses numbers will be kept low to provide privacy and comfort. (We can take up to 30, but the group staying in the Centre for this course will only be up to 14 in single beds and the lower part of wide bunks.) We are well provided for showers, wash basins [min. one in each bedroom] and toilets.
- We have a large dining and lounge area and a seminar room cum library.
- The Centre is well-known for the high standard of catering provided by our house-chef which is the highlight of the course for many.
- Transport will be provided free during the course. Travellers can be picked up at local railway stations if necessary (Settle for the Leeds-Carlisle line and Giggleswick for the Leeds-Lancaster line.)