This neat little 18th century church stands amid an open field on an ancient site. A Saxon stone cross
is a reminder of Archbishop Wulfhere's escape to Addingham in 867 when the Danes captured York. The nave roof, the arcade and chancel are
15th century; there is a quaint gallery of 1756 and plaques in memory of the Cunliffe Lister family.