Grassington Festival has been nominated in two categories at this years UK Festival Awards. The UK Festival Awards are the annual Oscars of the contemporary music festival industry and remain the only such body dedicated to recognising and congratulating the colossal human effort that goes into producing the UK's world-leading music festival scene.
Grassington Festival has been nominated in two categories at this years UK Festival Awards:
- Best Metropolitan Festival - wich is basically for the best festival which you can attend without camping and which utilises permanent venues within a town (ie The Town Hall, our churches, pubs and village halls).
- Best Grassroots Festival - for the best festival which keeps its community base at its heart.
Grassington Festival needs your votes. So please click on www.festivalawards.com to register and place your vote. You could also win 2 VIP tickets to every nominated festival in every category - which is a great prize, so it is worth doing.
Grassington Festival is one of the smallest festivals to be nominated so they don't have the large voting base that festivals such as Glastonbury have and so need your support.
What is the UK Festival Awards?
- The Oscars of the festival world – the first and only awards to celebrate and reward the organisers and artists behind the greatest festival scene in the world.
- Voted for by festival-goers.
- The only social event to bring together the UK’s entire festival industry under one roof.
How Does it Work?
- All festivals are weighted by their capacity, to give smaller events a fair chance against ones that are much larger.
- Over an initial three week public voting period, the fans decide the final shortlists.
- Over a final three week voting period, they determine the final winner in each category.
- The winners are announced and awarded at the gala Awards Ceremony which takes place at the IndigO2 in London on 19th November 2009.