VOLUNTARY groups from across the Richmondshire district of the Yorkshire Dales are teaming up with a number of public agencies from tomorrow and hitting the road to raise awareness of their work in the area.
Agencies hit the road to raise the profile of their work
Starting in Hawes the Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) roadshow will move on to Colburn on Wednesday (26th April); Leyburn on the 28th April, and will finish in Richmond on Saturday 29th April.
The Partnership was launched in 2002 with the aim of improving the quality of life for residents, as well as those who work in or visit Richmondshire.
The work carried out by the group is aimed broadly at supporting five different themes:
- Learning and earning - ensuring that everyone has reasonable access to education and training
- An active local democracy - empowering individuals through involvement in the decision making process
- How we live now and for generations to come - promoting respect and pride in the heritage and landscape of Richmondshire
- Quality services for all - ensuring everyone has access to good quality public services when and where they need them
- Safe and healthy - ensuring that all members of the community are, and feel, safe
"This is the LSP's second roadshow and is an opportunity for local residents to learn about our work, meet the partners and talk to representatives about the services they offer, and really get involved in our planning for Richmondshire," says LSP Chair, Judith Bromfield.
"Everyone is welcome to drop by and have a chat, pick up a goodie bag and give us your views."
Representatives from the following Partnership members will be attending the roadshows to answer any queries:
Richmondshire District Council, North Yorkshire Police Authority, Richmondshire Council for Voluntary Services, Hambleton & Richmondshire Primary Care Trust, Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, CONNEXIONS, Wheels2work, Yorkshire Rural Community Council, NY Fire & Rescue, Citizens Advice Bureau and Richmondshire's Community Safety Partnership.
Times and venues for the Roadshow are:
- 25th April, Hawes, Penny Garth car park 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- 26th April, Colburn, outside Sure Start 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- 28th April Leyburn, Commercial Square 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- 29th April Richmond, Market Place 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For further information contact Partnerships Policy Officer, Christine Jones, on 01748 829100.
what do you think?
Send us your views using the form below