YOUNG people in Richmondshire are being urged to "know their limits" when it comes to alcohol this Christmas.
Richmondshire Community Safety Partnership (RCSP) joined forces with Connexions @ YMCA in Richmond to drive home the hard-hitting campaign.
They organised an alcohol awareness event specifically aimed at young people, to highlight the dangers of alcohol and the consequences of binge drinking.
The session continued the theme of the current Government campaign "Alcohol Know Your Limits", which depicts a superhero unsuccessfully rescuing some balloons.
Kate Davies, RCSP community safety officer, said: "Alcohol makes you feel invincible when you're at your most vulnerable, and we wanted to highlight the dangers of alcohol, particularly in the run-up to Christmas.
"Alcohol-related disorder or violence can land you with a fine of up to £5,000 or even a prison sentence - not to mention the serious effect on your health that drinking too much can have.
"The event was successful with many young people attending and engaging in group discussion, and it was a great opportunity to work in partnership with Connexions @ YMCA to get our message across."
- PICTURE: Know your limits! Superwoman bins the booze at the alcohol awareness event.
Left to right is:
- Jenny Stabler, youth worker for Connexions @ YMCA
- Tiela Hannant, one of the young people from the YMCA (dressed as Superwoman)
- Kate Davies, RCSP community safety officer
- PCSO Gavin Dobson, North Yorkshire Police