Earlier this year Craven Museum & Gallery, in association with The Craven Herald, launched an amateur photography competition. The brief was simple; show Craven at its best and the top 10 would be made into postcards to be sold through the museum gift shop.
Over 100 photographs were submitted with the subjects ranging from snow scenes to stepping stones and from scenic views to church pews. Catherine Johnson – Arts and Exhibitions Officer for Craven District Council and Steve Garnett award winning Herald photographer judged the entries and considered a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the commercial appeal of the photographs.
Visit the online gallery to view the pictures.
Winners in no particular order:
- Under 18’s Emily Richardson, Skipton – Sunset over Skipton Middle Town
- Under 18’s Jennifer Stearn, Embsay – Barn at Ribblehead
- Bert Whalley, Apperley Bridge – Flower Meadow Hubberholme
- Simon Loamax, Skipton – Gloaming
- Steve King, Skipton - Ingleborough from Keld Bank
- Steve King, Skipton – Tree by Rylstone
- Chris Lunn, Skipton – Skipton Canal Basin
- Terry Roberts, Bingley – Bolton Abbey
- Malcolm Stoney, Skipton – High St
- Annie Shadrake, Skipton – Hebden Lamb