Hundreds of small businesses in the Yorkshire Dales – pubs, restaurants, B&Bs and many more – will have to file their tax returns on-line from April, a challenge which will worry scores of more elderly proprietors not fully tuned in to e-commerce.
The rule applies to any business with a £100,000 annual turnover and will also affect all new Vat-registered operations. As well as filing returns, the companies will be expected to pay any tax due by electronic transfer.
To help those worrie4d by these changes, Business Link Yorkshire, revenue officials and Bradford Kickstart, a business support group, are holding an open advice day at the Cedar Court Hotel, Mayo Lane, Bradford, on Thursday, February11 from 9 am.
There, experts will demonstrate:
- how to register to file your Employer Annual Return online
- how to enroll for VAT Online and other online services
- how it will benefit your business
- a demonstration of HMRC online services
- what is available now
- what is planned for the future
- let you know where to get further help and support if you need it
To register or for more information, call 08456 048 048